Science and Mathematics in the Real-World
- Science and mathematics are part of the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) multi-dimensional strategy that can effectively sustain our twenty-first century knowledge-based economy. STEM careers provide a wide variety of opportunities to understand and address global issues. The most pressing issues of this generation include overpopulation, environmental degradation, pollution, and global warming. These are all subjects of intense and dedicated research by STEM professionals in very diverse fields. In this course, students will focus on how to apply science and mathematics concepts to the development of plans, processes, and projects that address real world problems, including sustainability and “green” technologies. This course also highlights how science and mathematics and the applications of STEM will be impacted due to the development of a greener economy.
- The course exposes students to a wide variety of STEM applications and to real world problems from the natural sciences, technology fields, and the world of sports, and emphasizes the diversity of STEM career paths. The importance of math, critical thinking, and mastering scientific and technological skill sets is highlighted throughout. Challenging and enjoyable activities provide multiple opportunities to develop critical thinking skills and the application of the scientific method, and to work on real world problems using STEM approaches.
- Introduction to Science and Mathematics All Around Us
- Making the Connection: Math and Science in Context
- Carbon Footprint: Using STEM to Quantify Environmental Impact
- Temperature Comparisons: Charts, Graphs, and Conversion
- Mathematics and Science in the World of Sports
- Greening Our Environment Using Science and Mathematics
- Science and Mathematics Inside Population Growth
- Demographics: Graphing Populations
- Probability and Statistics in Human Populations
|S.No.||Program Name||Fee Component||Amount (USD)||Description|
|1||Full Time||Course Fee||$ 200||To be paid by the student at the time of Registration.|
|2||Flex||Course Fee||$ 400||To be paid by the student at the time of Registration. Student can select one more semester duration course free of cost.|