Language Arts III - 8
Become a critical reader and thinker using fiction and informational texts. Acquire the tools to understand and express yourself through writing.
MAJOR TOPICS AND CONCEPTS
- What Is Theme?
- Mature Writing
- Close Look at Organization
- Gather and Organize
- Cite Your Sources
Imagine Other Worlds
- Whose Truth?
- Something to Say
- Resolve and Reflect
- What’s Your Style?
- Segment One Advanced 03 What’s the Genre?
- The Math of Poetry
- Taking It Apart
|Fee Component||Course Fee|
|Amount (USD)||$ 409||$ 434|
|Description||To be paid by the student at the time of Enrollment.|
All students select ONE novel below:
- Copper Sun by Sharon Draper
- The Outsiders by SE Hinton
- The Giver by Lois Lowry
- Hatchet by Gary Paulsen
or one short story below:
- “Cupid and Psyche” by Apuleius
- “The Gift of the Magi” by O. Henry
- “The Golden Touch” by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- “The Open Boat” by Stephen Crane
Advanced students select one additional novel below:
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
- Call of the Wild by Jack London
- The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle