Explore the structure, function, diversity, and evolution of living matter by taking an in-depth look at the fundamental characteristics of living organisms. You will have the opportunity to perform hands-on lab activities and develop relationships through collaborative learning.
- Foundations of Biology
- Science processes
- Observations and inferences
- Historical frame of reference- scientists and explorers
- Theory vs. law, science vs. pseudoscience
- Technology/ Microscopes
- Properties of water
- The origin of life on Earth
- Universal genetic code
- Anaerobic respiration (honors)
- Discovery of cells
Grade 9, 10, 11, 12
Household items for lab experiments
Recommended for advanced 8th grade students.