Virtual homeschooling is one of the fastest-growing trends. Many families homeschool their children and all of them have their own reasons. Some have no faith in the system and environment of public and private schools and some have to move from city to city so often that they prefer homeschooling instead of transferring the children multiple times. Those parents who are homeschooling their children think that they have chosen the best alternative for the growth and development of the child.
Do you as a parent believe that homeschooling is better than public and private schools? Here are some pros and cons of virtual homeschooling which will help you decide whether to go for this option or not.
Virtual Homeschooling Pros And Cons
- Parents are free to plan the curriculum and schedule in accordance with the learning speed of their child, they do not need to hurry.
- One problem in the classroom setting is that there is only one teacher to teach a large number of children, virtual homeschooling solves this problem. The learners get to experience individual guidance to learn as best as they can.
- The parents get to spend more time with the child and see their children grow in challenging times.
- The child is protected from the negative exposure, bullying and peer pressure which will save your child from alcohol addiction, smoking etc.
- The parent involved in teaching will have to stay with the child 24/7 and will have no time for himself/herself.
- If the parent is not a teacher by profession he/she will have to do a lot of research and will have to make appropriate teaching strategies in order to give the best standard education to the child.
- Homeschool can cause financial restraints as one of the parents would be busy teaching the child and the family will have only one working member which means only one income source.
- The child will not get the opportunity to participate in group activities and will get difficult for him/her to socialize.
To remedy the cons of virtual homeschooling, online platforms like international schooling can be chosen. Wherein the platform takes the responsibility of educating the homeschooler, conducting exams, providing curriculum and tracking progress. Every parent wants the best for the child. So before concluding what is the best way to educate your child, keep the pros and cons in mind and chose a program that works for your family.