Top 10 Homeschooling Mistakes To Avoid- Key Takeaways
Many parents end up taking the route of homeschooling their children instead of sending them to public or private school. Do you also want to be under this umbrella? Here are certain mistakes that not only the parents new to homeschooling do but also the parents who have been teaching their children for many years now do but they do not realize they are making mistakes.
- Trying to make a home feel like school– If you are creating the same environment as of a school, then what’s the point of homeschooling? You have to make things much more flexible and different.
2. Sticking to a curriculum that isn’t a good fit– If you are using a curriculum for weeks and it is still not working, don’t stick to it, and change it.
3. Thinking that the siblings are enough for interaction– Try not to bind your children within the four walls. Give them complete exposure and help them to make new friends.
4. Worrying about what others will think– As it is said that actions speak louder than words, do not try to give explanations, and just teach your child well and the results will speak everything.
5. Over scheduling and under scheduling– Excess of everything is bad. So try to manage your schedules properly.
6. Ignoring the child’s feedback– You need to talk to the child about how he feels about getting homeschooled and are your lesson plans working for him or not.
7. Trying to match pace with other homeschooling children– Every child has his own pace to grab knowledge, you do not have to force the child to hurry up.
8. Avoiding to work– Make yourself an efficient teacher and do not make excuses not to work for your child, don’t pile up the work.
9. Thinking you have to do it all by yourself– You have to take the help of online teaching.
10. Trying to be perfect– No one in this world is perfect, you will make mistakes, just focus on solving them.