10 Reasons Why Children Want To Homeschool
Both children and parents are increasingly looking at homeschooling as an option. The sheer convenience and affordability coupled with academic excellence makes homeschooling an attractive option. Let us understand why the student prefers a homeschooling environment.
- There is a flexibility of timing. The child can choose a convenient time to take classes and do assignments. So if he or she is a late riser and prefers working at late night, there is a modicum of freedom of choice.
- There is no peer pressure to dress or behave in a fixed manner. There are many kids who feel stressed by having to dress or spend in a manner which does not suit their personalities or budget.
- There is a growing menace of drugs, tobacco and alcohol in the education system. Peer pressure may force the child to indulge in the same to fit in. Homeschooling helps the child avoid the temptation.
- The student may be a fast learner and suffer boredom in school. These children often disrupt the class and are termed trouble makers. They also do not get the opportunity to reach their optimal academic potential. The smart choice is to opt for homeschooling.
- Slow learners also face bullying and teasing in school. They also are ignored by teachers as they are not very responsive in class. These children also prefer the no pressure homeschool programs where they can learn at their own pace.
- Children who need to stay away from large cities often find it difficult to get a good regular school which has all the courses they want or have good teachers. Homeschooling is a good option for them too.
- If your child is following a sport and needs to practice long hours and that creates absenteeism in school? This can be solved easily with homeschooling at the child can practice or attend events and attend his classes at a convenient time too.
- Injuries or physical disabilities may be a reason why children are unable to attend a regular school. Homeschooling is a good way to mitigate the problems as the child is free to take as many breaks as required.
- Children who have anxiety issues or are very shy may find it difficult to adjust in a regular school, they benefit from studying at home with no added pressure to interact with others, as we cannot rule out bullying.
- One big constraint for parents who need to shift for work or have a job that needs frequent transfers like to homeschool their children to maintain a standards education quality and continuity.
We find many situations where studying from home at your own pace actually is more suitable for children than regular schooling. Programs like International Schooling are eminently suited to take care of all these factors and more. Opt for homeschooling and see your child blossom.