There are many reasons for which a parent and child may be on the lookout for homeschooling alternatives to conventional schooling. The ease of obtaining an education from the comfort of your home is unparalleled. There are many situations which are best suited to apply homeschooling methods. It could be that the child lives in a remote area or the child is engaged in a parallel activity that does not accommodate regular schooling, ill-health and difference in learning levels also can be the reasons to homeschool.
What are the criteria for making a good choice in homeschooling?
Homeschooling institutions vary in facilities and quality. There are many considerations before enrolling in a program.
- The first criteria should always be whether the program is compatible with higher education avenues. There are many programs that meet the stringent requirements to enrol in college and university. Valid and recognized. This will ensure that the certification of the homeschooling program is beneficial.
- The second consideration should be whether the program has quality teachers or not. Any school whether conventional or distance learning format is successful only if there are good and motivated teachers. There should be easy access to teachers at all times through email or messaging.
- The homeschool program should have transferable credits. That is if the child wants to join regular schooling at any point, he can seamlessly join the conventional schooling program without any trouble.
- It is important to know how long the program has been running and its popularity. It is not a bad idea to connect with a few alumni and understand how they benefitted from the program.
- The last but most important criteria are to understand the evaluation and assessment program. This makes sure that education quality is strong.
International Schooling has been a pioneer in the field of homeschooling and the qualities that we have discussed are met by the organization with great success.