Early Childhood Development and Services
- Early Childhood Development (ECD) is an introductory course offering a detailed overview of both developmental stages and areas of early childhood, and how early childhood education professionals provide optimal assistance during these important years of growth and learning. An examination of the history, theories, teaching models, research, and policies that grew with the advance of early childhood education, as well as an introduction to the achievements of many leaders in this field, provide students a thorough grounding in the science and practice of early childhood education.
- This course further provides students with keen insight into why these years are so important to the life of the child, what areas of physical, emotional, and cognitive development are manifested from birth through age five, and what developmentally appropriate practices are proving to be most effective.
- Introduction to Early Childhood Development
- Diversity and Family Engagement
- Understanding Child Development
- Strategies for Enhancing Development and Learning
- Laws and Policies in Early Childhood Education