Transportation and Tours for the Traveller
- This course looks at transportation and package tours. During this course, students will learn about the package tour industry today, the travel industry professionals, and the package tour customers. Students will find out who tour operators must work with to create travel products and what kinds of decisions they must make in terms of meal, lodging, attractions, and, of course, transportation. You will read about how a tour operator plans and markets a tour and discover what happens before the tour, during the tour, and after the tour.
- Finally, students will learn about how technology, events such as 9/11 and the global recession, and increased environmental awareness are affecting the travel industry today. By focusing on all the different components that go into creating a tour, you will be able to get a sense of what working for a tour operator entails as well as what other careers are available in the tour industry. Having this perspective will help you better understand the process you undergo as you plan your own vacations and give you the background to feel comfortable entering the tour industry.
- Linking Transportation and Tours to the Travel Product
- Destination Marketing Organizations
- Sustainable Tour Products
- Rules of the Road and Other Details
- More Issues In Research and Design of Tours
- Show Me the Money
- Marketing and Promotions
- Seeing Is Believing. The End Is Near
- Current Issues in Transportation and Tours
- Careers in Transportation and Tours
|S.No.||Program Name||Fee Component||Amount (USD)||Description|
|1||Full Time||Course Fee||$ 200||To be paid by the student at the time of Registration.|
|2||Flex||Course Fee||$ 400||To be paid by the student at the time of Registration. Student can select one more semester duration course free of cost.|