Personal Care Services
- This course in Personal Care Services introduces students to a variety of careers in the following areas: cosmetology (including hairstyling and haircutting, esthetics, manicuring, makeup, and teaching) and barbering (including cutting and styling of hair and facial hair and manicuring for men); massage therapy, teaching body-mind disciplines (yoga, Pilates, and the martial arts), and fitness (general exercise classes and acting as a personal trainer); and mortuary science (embalming and funeral directing).
- The course teaches students about what each career entails and the education and training they will need to become credentialed in various career specialties. In addition, about half of the course is devoted to teaching knowledge associated with the various professions, so that students can get a feel for what they should learn and whether they would like to learn it.
- Introduction to Personal Care Careers
- The Human Body’s Anatomy and Physiology
- Social Psychology
- Careers in the Beauty Industry
- Careers to Support a Healthy Body
- Health and Safety and Ethical Responsibilities
- Careers in Whole Person Fitness
- How These Careers Interact