Introduction to Information Technology Support and Services
- This course focuses on real-world application, including common industry best practices and specific vendors that offer tools for technicians, project managers, and IT leadership. It should be emphasized that the purpose of the IT department of an enterprise is to support the overall mission of the company, and it is not simply a standalone component of the company’s infrastructure. Students will continue to apply their knowledge of hardware and software components associated with IT systems while exploring a variety of careers related to IT support and services.
- Students will analyze technical support needs to perform customer service and configuration management activities, and evaluate application software packages and emerging software. Students will demonstrate and apply knowledge of IT analysis and design by initiating a system project and evaluating applications within the IT system. Information Technology is a dynamic discipline that is continuously evolving.
- System Design and Implementation
- Cloud-Based Systems
- System Maintenance
- End-User Support
- Management Collaboration and Reporting
- Continuing Education and Career Opportunities