Food and Beverage Management
- This introductory Food & Beverage Management course is designed as an overview to prepare students for F & B core courses and to introduce them to specialty areas. Students will learn the basics of food service management and operations with an emphasis on the fundamental values of hospitality and responsible management. We will examine where the industry began, current best practices, and future trends. Students will gain knowledge of and understand how the correct blend of hard skills (food and beverage management principles) and soft skills (providing exceptional guest service) can maximize profits in the hospitality industry.
- Additional topics will include menu planning and pricing, types of service styles, food and beverage marketing, facility design and layout, financial controls, sanitation, safety, ethics, and legal concerns. We will also identify opportunities and career paths for those interested in the food & beverage industry.
- The Food Service Industry
- Fundamentals of Management and F&B Marketing
- Menu Management and Food Cost Controls
- Food & Beverage Functional Areas and Service
- Facilities and Finance
- System of Accounts and the Operating Budget
- Sanitation, Ethics and Legal Concerns in Food and Beverage Management
- Sanitation, Health and Safety Issues