Business Studies (BS 1122) - Grade 11
|Unit 1||Nature and Purpose of Business||10||Read more|
|Unit 2||Forms of Business Organizations||10||Read more|
|Unit 3||Emerging Modes of Business||20||Read more|
|Unit 4||Business Support Services||10||Read more|
|Unit 5||Social Responsibility of Business||20||Read more|
|Unit 6||Sources of Business Finance||10||Read more|
|Unit 7||Internal Trade||10||Read more|
|Unit 8||International Trade||10||Read more|
Nature and Purpose of Business
- Concept and characteristics of business.
- Business profession and employment – distinctive features.
- Objectives of business – economic and social, role of profit in business
- Classification of business activities: Industry and Commerce.
- Industry – types: primary, secondary, tertiary.
- Commerce – trade: types (internal, external, wholesale, and retail; and auxiliaries to trade: banking, insurance, transportation warehousing, communication, and advertising.
Forms of Business Organizations
- Sole Proprietorships –features, merits and limitations
- Partnerships – Features, types, merits and limitations of partnerships and partners, registration of a partnership firm, partnership deed, types of partners
- Company – Private and Public Limited Companies– Features, merits and limitations
- Formation of a company
- Large, Medium, Small and Micro Businesses
- Other forms of business organization:
- Public Sector Undertakings
- Limited and Unlimited Liability Partnerships
- Private-Public Partnerships
Emerging Modes of Business
- E-Business – Scope and benefits, resources required for successful e-business implementation, online transactions, payment mechanisms, security and safety of business transactions
- 3.2 Outsourcing – Concept, need and scope of BPO (Business Process Outsourcing) and KPO (Knowledge Process Outsourcing).
Business Support Services
- Information and Communication Technology Services
Social Responsibility of Business
- Concept of Social Responsibility
- Case for Social Responsibility
- Corporate Governance
- Responsibility towards owners, investors, consumers, employees, government and community
- Environment Protection and Business
- Business Ethics and its elements
Sources of Business Finance
- Concept of Business Finance
- Long-term Sources of Finance – Bank Loan, Debt, Equity and Hybrids
- Short-term Sources of Finance – Trade Credit, Commercial Papers, Accruals, bank Credit.
- International Sources of Finance – American depository receipts (ADRs), Global Depository Receipts (GDRs) and Indian depository Receipts (IDRs), Foreign Currency Convertible Bonds (FCCBs) and External Commercial borrowings (ECBs).
- Services of a wholesaler and retailer
- Types of retail trade- itinerant and small scale fixed shops
- Large scale retailers-departmental stores, chain stores, mail order business.
- Automatic vending machines
- Chambers of Commerce and Industry- basic functions.
- Main documents used in internal trade: Proforma Invoice, Invoice, Debit Note, Credit Note Lorry Receipt, (LR) and Railway Receipt (RR).
- Terms of Trade : Cash on Delivery (COD), Free on Board (FOB), Cost, Insurance and Freight (CIF), Errors and Omissions Excepted (E&OE).
- Concept and Challenges of International Trade.
- Export Import Procedures
- INCO terms
- Documentation for International Trade
- WTO – Role and Organization